Partner, Olajide Oyewole LLP (DLA Piper Africa, Nigeria)
Dayo is a Partner and Head of the Finance & Projects practice at Olajide Oyewole LLP. He leads the Finance and Projects practice with particular focus on energy and infrastructure. His background lies in corporate / project finance and mergers and acquisitions, with experience covering the energy, aviation and banking sectors.
Noteworthy transactions that Dayo has worked on include:
- Samsung Heavy Industries and affiliates in the construction and execution of the Egina FPSO EPC Contract (USD3 billion FPSO EPC project in Nigeria).
- USD300 million Financing and Development of a Fabrication/Integration Yard.
- Divestment of $461 million by Oando to Vitol/Helios downstream joint venture.
- USD1.79 billion acquisition of the Nigerian assets of ConocoPhillips by Oando Energy Resources Inc.
- Norfund/Finnfund cross border financing of renewable solar assets in Nigeria.
Before joining the firm, Dayo worked in the front office of an investment bank, where he focused on corporate finance, project finance, and aviation finance. He also managed a portfolio of more than USD120 million of aviation assets.